Friday, August 15, 2008

Bon Voyage!

Yesterday I was up bright and early to take my beloved girls to the airport. Their flight left at 6:00 am. My daughter Amanda had mixed emotions, she just kept saying "I wish this was over!" And my Granddaughter, Sydney, "I am going on an Airplane to see Daddddy!"


Yes! It was one of those precious bitter sweet moments that you have your heart ripped out and never know if you will make it through but know you will some how. Only by the Grace of God!

My only child and only grandchild left Northwest Arkansas to be with husband and daddy who is (deployed) stationed at Camp Humphreys in South Korea. They will be there until April 2010. Jeremy is in the United States Army, serving our country proudly.


I have been very supportive. That is where they belong. My daughter is not good without her husband. Jeremy completes Amanda. (Yes, I am very jealous!)He is very good with her. She is a very demanding diva. Amanda is an only child and very spoiled. Wow how did that happen? Did I do that?


Ummm....I think I have been told that is my fault. Guess what...I did and I can handle, oh yes and very proud of it also. She has been my whole life.

Now it is Jeremy's turn. Boy, he and I have a very close bond. No one else in this world understands and loves her as the two of us do. One day when she is rich and famous, Jeremy and I will sit back with smug little looks on our face and we will know where she has come from.


Yes she will be famous one day.

So, you ask how will I survive with out my beautiful girls? Well, it will be a challenge. I guess I will spend a lot of quiet time by myself doing the things I have not done in a long time.

This is the time to focus on me. As Syd has been saying "Grandma it is not all about you anymore it is still about Sydney!" and she puts on her little pout.


There will be a lot of tears for my girls just because I am lonely. That is a given. But I am happy they are where they are suppose to be, with Jeremy my son-in-law. He has been with out his girls since April. He has been lonely also.



God Bless all of you and keep you safe until he brings you home to Mama. I Love You!

1 comment:

LilSuzieHomemaker said...

Rhonda, you have some beautiful kids and I'm sure they will all be famous someday.

You really do have a Empty House on mulberry Street now, that's sad to hear. "Bitter sweet moments that you have your heart ripped out and never know if you will make it through", Yes, I totally understand and agree the Grace of God is needed, and if you trust i him all will work out as intended.

I'm crying now, so I'll stop typing.