Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

Well the time has come. If you have not gotten it made, baked, cooked or bought it is down to the wire. YOU BETTER HURRY! or forget it!

I say...start to enjoy. Plus it is all about family any way...isn't it?

This year is going to be a little different for me. The first year ever without my daughter and granddaughter and son in law. They are celebrating in Korea.


The Jeremy Hopper Family

Aren't they beautiful!



I am very happy they are together and have each other. It would break my heart to know that Jeremy was all alone in Korea by himself. So I am OK! I know parents have to grow up sometime. By golly it sure is hard.


I knew Amanda was all grown up when she told me all she wanted for Christmas was a good tradition family dinner for her family and presents for my granddaughter Sydney. Doesn't that just make you know that you did something right some where along the line.
But then your heart breaks when your granddaughter says she wants grandma (you) wrapped up in a big box with a bow on it for Christmas. Oh Syd! Grammy would love that too! That just tore me up inside. But that made me so happy! She misses her Grammy, her best bud!
The day after Thanksgiving did not have the same meaning as the day after Christmas will not mean the same. My shopping buddies are not here. Yes, Jeremy is so happy. The greenbacks will still in his bank account a little longer than usual.




Well this year we have an unexpected surprise. My brother and his crew are coming out to visit. This should be quite the excitement for us! 5 kids! Yeeha! I am the Favorite Aunt! Auntie R! Oh yah...I am...even if I am the only one that believes it... that is OK. He is my favorite brother. He knows it.


I hope everybody has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and SANTA is good to all!


No comments: